Friday, June 26, 2009

Calder, Jay

Hard to believe it’s been 20 years…how do I say that at all creatively after reading it 100 different ways? Oh well, the price you pay for being tardy!

After graduation, I went to BYU where I was able to join the swim team, and then left on an LDS mission to Torreon, Mexico. I came home in 1992 and graduated in English in 1995 and also got married that summer to a great girl named Lara Bisgaard from LA that I met in English classes at BYU. I continued at BYU and got my Master’s in English in 1997. In 1998, after moving to Los Angeles, we had our first baby, Anna. You might have seen that birth featured on TLC’s The Baby Story. That was pretty exciting, and she definitely has the coolest birth video of all our kids. In 1999, we had our first boy, Topher, and then we moved to Northern California. In 2001, we moved to Massachusetts to work for HP. During this time, I completed an MBA at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. We had our next son, Jacob, in 2003. In 2004, we had the opportunity with HP to move to Boise, Idaho. We were excited to get back to the west although we loved our time back east. We had our fourth baby, Sharon, in 2006 here in Boise. I am still with HP and those are pretty much the highlights.

Our family loves to ski, and all other manner of outdoor activities. Right now we are pretty focused on all our kids’ various activities from sports games to piano recitals. I am really excited about this weekend, it has been fun catching up via all your blogs. My wife keeps a family blog at www.larainidaho.blogspot.com - check it out.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Hi Jay. You have a beautiful family. I saw that episode of A Baby Story about your family. That was awesome. What made me pay closer attention to the story was when the family was praying—I thought, “That sounds like a Mormon family praying.” And it was! (You’re still a member of the flock, aren’t you? ;)

Staci said...

Jay- Beautiful family. I know HP is a big place, but if you find yourself acquainte with Jared Hansen and/or David Payne, tell them Jon & Staci Hill said hello.

Unknown said...

It was great seeing you again, Jay. The goatee is awesome. Makes you look like Keiffer Sutherland!