Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tiffany Thelin (Lowe)

So I guess it is time for me to do my recap of the last 20 years. I have been reading all of yours and enjoying it so much but not really feeling like taking the time to write mine yet. So today is the day folks so....I guess I will do a run down chronologically and with pictures.

After graduation I headed off to Rick College and was roommates with Diann Lott and Lynette McKinnon. We had a blast that year and rocked dorm 4! I participated in the theater program and thought I wanted to be an actress. I almost got married that year, but did not want to be cliche and marry as an 18 yr old, so instead I transferred to BYU still majoring in Theater. I lived in the dorms again, and later became an RA at Deseret Towers. I changed majors many times and finally settled on Psychology with a Minor in Youth Leadership and Recreation Management and graduated with my BS.

Before graduating I served and LDS mission in Catania, Italy and love love loved it.

I worked with my mother doing the PHASE Program for the Provo School District for 10 yrs. During that time I also worked as a counselor in residential treatment facilities.

In 1999 I moved to Portland, Oregon and pursued my Masters in Social Work. I worked as a a residential treatment counselor as well. I met and married my sweet hubby, Joseph, during graduate school.

I was married in the Portland Oregon Temple just before my 30th birthday.

After graduation I worked in community mental health as a Child and Family therapist and worked toward my therapy license. I had my first Daughter, Jerika, two years after getting married.

We later started doing foster care and adopted two lovely girls, Jacqueline and Jennedy. I had my son, Trenton shortly there after. I had four children under five with another foster baby who was an infant. We did this for 11 months when the foster baby went back to his mom. That was just a month ago so now I have just four children.

I got a my LCSW and quit community mental health to start my private practice and that is what I do now.

Every day is and adventure, I love this crazy life I lead. I am so sad I wont be able to make the reunion, there are so many of you that I want to see. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

-Tiffany Lowe

No comments: