Monday, June 22, 2009

Durrant, Mark

Hello everyone. It has been great to read about your lives and accomplishments. I had no idea I was attending high school with such amazing people. As my mom likes to say, "if I'd have known how good my kids were going to turn out, I'd have been a lot nicer to them when they were growing up." Thanks to all of those who put this site together as well as the upcoming reunion. I look forward to attending.

After graduation, I attended BYU where I majored in English whilst playing b-ball for the mighty Cougars. In '90, I took a two year hiatus from my schooling and hoops and went on an LDS mission to Louisville, Kentucky. After graduation, I took the law school route and am now a practicing real estate attorney in Salt Lake at a firm called Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll. As a side gig, I do the color commentary for BYU Basketball on KSL radio. In '95 I married Marilee Stratton. She is an Orem Tiger, but I didn't know that until it was too late. We have four children, George (12), Jordan (10), Dane (7) and Stratton (6 months). After having three boys, we had to take some time to work up the courage to try again for a girl but we were successful. Stratton is a wonderful addition to our home and is a pure joy.

My wife and I spend our time playing golf, doing yardwork and attending a never ending stream of our kids sports and schooling activities.

My sincere thanks to all of you for making high school a wonderful time for me. I realize this is the exception rather than the rule. I moved in right before freshman year and was received very warmly. Notwithstanding my joke above, I have always known I was attending high school with truly incredible people. I think fondly on our times together and look forward to the reunion and catching up.

Mark




1 comment:

Mark said...

It's great to hear your voice from time to time on the radio during the BYU basketball season.

Mark Coulson