Monday, June 8, 2009

Barlow, Michele (Hack)

Where has the time gone? I thought we would be young forever! I never thought we would be 20 years out of high school; let alone writing about it....

My life has been great so far, with hopeful continuance. After high school, I went to a trade school, to become a dental assistant. I liked it so much, I decided to go to real college. I decided to go to Weber in Ogden to become a dental hygienist. I finished with my bachelors in dental hygiene. While going to school, I met a great guy. One who could put up with all my inconsistencies. I needed someone who could handle what I dished out ( as some of you know, I can dish it out). Anyway, he was perfect for me. We married in 1991. And we are still going strong. It looks as though, he was meant to handle more than just one hot tempered female because he got four more. All girls!!! They are 16,10,8,and 4. They are a handful, very much like their mother. We have a lot of fun- with all the estrogen- in our home. We are up to our elbows in cat fights and emotional crying fests (especially when watching a good tear jerking movie). But it is all in good fun and worthwhile!!! They are great girls!

During all the busyness (is that a word) of having a family. We ended up settling down in Lindon, Utah. Not very far from home. We wanted to raise our kids near home. Then my husband and I decided to open a dental office for me to run. It went so well, that we thought one office wasn't busy enough. We are now in the process of opening our sixth dental office. This keeps me and my husband very busy. Sometimes too busy. We like to slow it down sometimes and just have some fun. So we take the family and we get away. I did have the opportunity to visit my home in Guam. I haven't been there since I was six. My family and I attended a huge family reunion there. It was a vacation of a lifetime. I was lucky to be able to attend.

I still cannot believe it has been 20 years. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. To reminisce about all the high school fun. I sure have been remembering lately, all of my fond memories of good friends and good times. Cannot wait to see everyone. See you at the reunion.

Michele
















No comments: