Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Richards, Rebecca (Rogers)

I was just flipping through the booklet of bios from our last reunion and thought it is kind of funny that just 10 short years later, we can post all that stuff to a blog on the Internet. My kids have a hard time comprehending that we didn't have the Internet when we were in high school...or cell phones...or DVD players...man, we're old.

After graduation, I attended BYU as a violin performance major. In 1990 I married Tom Rogers who is a bulldog from the class of '87. I graduated from BYU in 1992, five months after my first baby was born. We lived in Provo for nearly 9 years then made the exodus to Orem. We have 9 kids that range from 17 to 2 years old (7 boys and 2 girls). We have been home schooling our kids for the last 6 years. My greatest pleasure is raising my family.

I play professional violin, teach some lessons, and stay active by doing Hooked on Aerobics (middle level). I also had a 4-year stint in the real estate market which taught me a ton (especially last year)! I have started working on a Masters degree in political economy at George Wythe University - too much spare time, I guess? I only take a class at a time, so it will probably take me the rest of my life to get it finished, but it is something I do for myself becauase I enjoy it. Most recently, we have taken on learning how to garden and keep backyard chickens.

My husband has worked a variety of jobs but most recently was featured in the last two James Bond movies as a stunt double for Daniel Craig. At least that is what he tells people.

After reading other people's posts, I think I'm grateful for my own challenges. I am even more appreciative of all that I have been blessed with. Life has had plenty of interesting and unplanned twists and turns. It has definitely been a continual learning process. I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you at the reunion.

Becky Richards Rogers


2 comments:

Bennions said...

It is fun to see the picture of your family. I remember back when we were both pregnant and I lived by Karren and she prayed that the two of us would get pregnant before she did. She is so unselfish. Apparently that prayer really opened the doors for both of us because I have six and you even more. Glad your doing so well.

Mark said...

My oldest sister, Heather Burton, is a homeschooler (with nine children, no less) and she and her family have been quite involved with George Wythe University. They live in southern Alberta, Canada. I'm wondering if you might be acquainted with her or any of her children.

Mark Coulson