Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kendell, Travis

Let me reiterate what has been said before. 20 years? Has it really been 20 years!I look back on our Provo High days and have great memories. I don't know if that says much, since I have such a poor memory! :-)It's been really fun getting back in touch with everyone through Facebook and the blog, I look forward to seeing many of you this weekend.

Here's a little info about myself:

After graduating, I attended UVSC for a short time before leaving on an LDS mission to Caracas, Venezuela. I can honestly say I had a great mission. I returned home and found that my parents had moved from the Oak Hills area to the Grandview area in Provo. Somehow it slipped their mind to tell me until I was heading home from my mission.

I took a job and started going back to UVSC where I ended up graduating with two Associates degrees in Graphics and Commercial Arts. While attending UVSC, Omel Contreras convinced me to start attending his singles ward. There I met my beautiful wife, Rebecca Montano. We dated for a short while and were married January 12th, 1996. Shortly after getting married I started employment with Xactware in Orem, Utah. I was hired to create icons for their software, but on my second day of work they asked me to be part of the 3D Animation team.

Three weeks after getting married, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. This was rather disappointing for Becky since her father is a type 2 diabetic and she was excited to finally eat sugar jello. Sorry sweetheart!

I've been with Xactware for 13 years now. I currently manage the production team in the marketing department. My team consists of a few very talented designers and an amazing web developer. We provide all of the design, web, video, audio, and multimedia needs of the company. Xactware has been such an incredible company to work for that it wasn't until fall of 2007 that I decided I wanted to go back to what is now UVU to finish getting my bachelors degree. I hope to have that wrapped up by summer of 2010.

I currently live in Spanish Fork, Utah with Becky and our 5 children, Lora age 12, Valerie age 8, Nicole age 6, Mitchell age 4, and our 17 month old Nathan. My family is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me!

And if you're curious, yes, I still enjoy doing magic and on occasion perform for birthday parties. I'll make sure to have some tricks up my sleeve at the reunion. Make sure to ask about the rubber bands.
:-)

Travis

No comments: