Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Abbott, Tawna (Hall)

Hello All! What a great 20 years it has been! I can't possibly explain the last twenty years with the detail they deserve, but I will try to give you the quick version! I started at BYU right after graduation where I majored in Elementary Education. After a couple of years of school I took 18 months off to serve in the Portugal, Porto mission. I came back to BYU and finished my schooling just as a principal from East Los Angeles county came looking for bilingual teachers. I started teaching in California in July 1995 where I taught in a bilingual classroom for 3 years. After my first year of teaching I married Brian Hall who was stationed at a near by Air Force Base. I then became a military wife and have proudly worn that title for 13 years. In 1996 we had our first son, Trevor. I transfered to teach kindergarten out on the Air Force base and we had a very comfortable life. Little did we know that we were in for a great adventure by welcoming two babies at once into our home in May 2001. Gavin and Bailey have been a joy. Having twins was a great blessing! We stayed in California for 7 years and I continued to teach school but then the Air Force decided it was time for a change and we recieved, what turned out to be, our dream assignment. In June 2003 we moved to Anchorage, Alaska and loved every minute of it. We hiked, fished, hunted, camped and spent as much time as possible enjoying the Last Frontier. We enjoyed the -45 degree weather in the winter, and the midnight sun of the summers. Our assignment there came to and end too quickly and in 2007 we relocated again, to McConnell AFB, Kansas. Here we are adjusting to the great plains, and the many deployements that keep Brian in the middle-east for a good portion of each year. We will be proudly sending him off on his second deployment this summer. We feel blessed to have the Air Force as such an important part of our lives. Currently I am teaching third grade at the Air Force Base school, my children are now 11 and 8 years old, and keep us busy between dance, sports, scouts and music lessons. We look forward to becoming reaquainted with each of you in a few weeks!


2 comments:

Bennions said...

Tawna it is fun to get an update on your life and family. I have always wanted twins but been glad each time I come home with just one because that is a lot of work for me. But my husband is a twin and loved it. Looks like you do too.

Anonymous said...

Tawna
How is it that I ended up with three red heads and yours all seem to be blond? You have a beautiful family and I'm looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
Amy Burton Clay