Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dalebout, Amy (Kimball)

It has been fun to browse through the Class of ’89 blog and get a Cliff-Notes-version of what everyone has been doing for the last 20 years! Thanks so much for sharing your stories.

After high school, I attended what was then, UVCC and stumbled around a bit trying to figure out who I was and what I wanted to do. I worked for Sears Telecatalog in East Bay, NuSkin International and then WordPerfect. In January of 1994 I traveled to Washington D.C. to be a bridesmaid in a wedding to one of my best friends, who many of you will remember as Brenda Miller (moved our Junior year). She had moved to Kansas and later became engaged. They moved to the D.C. area and were married there. While at the wedding, I met the best man and now my best friend, Ferris (Scott) Kimball. I moved to Kansas to date him and he was baptized into the LDS church in May of 1994. I married Scott in Provo in December of 1994. After being married for only three months, Scott and I were in a near-fatal car collision. We were t-boned by a 17-year-old, uninsured, three-times-the-legal-limit drunk driver at 8:30 pm on April Fool’s day, 1995.

In March of 1998 Scott and I were sealed in the SLC Temple along with our one-year old daughter, Ashlynn.

We lived in Kansas for a year and then moved to SLC so Scott could attend the University of Utah. I worked at the University of Utah hospital while he was in school. He received his BS in Biology in 1999 and that year we were also blessed with our second child, Sam. We moved that same year to Kansas City while Scott worked on and received his MS and PhD in Medicinal Chemistry from the University of Kansas. We were in Kansas for seven years and loved it there—even loving the many nights we spent in our sub-basement listening to tornado sirens blaring outside. Our third child, Elle Louise, graced us with her presence in March of 2002 and in June of 2004 we moved to San Diego so Scott could further his resume along with a Post-doctorate degree from the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla. We built a home in Scripps Ranch (San Diego) in 2003/2004 and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the value of it plummet over the last year. Despite living the fast-paced-life, we love San Diego and have made some of our best friends here. While Scott was busy with his Post-doctorate, I spent two years as the Ward Relief Society President and the next year recovering from it. It has been a whirlwind. We run like crazy from school to soccer to school to soccer to piano to school to jiu-jitsu to soccer to scouts to school, etc., etc. and somehow make plenty of time to spend in the water and sand.

However lovely the weather is here, we have decided that we are a mid-west family at heart (tornados and all) and would like to go back to Kansas to live the slower and much less crowded lifestyle. Scott is currently interviewing for jobs in the mid-west and we’re hoping for a move within the year.

Scott and Ashlynn are staying behind for a soccer tournament, but I am bringing the others and am looking forward to seeing those of you who will be attending the reunion in June! Thank you so much to the organizers!!!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy! It was so good to read your blog. First of all, I had no idea about your car accident...so glad you and Scott survived. Secondly, thanks for the compliments about my appearance and my kids looking like me. I echoe those comments right back at you. Your kids could be models...just beautiful. As for the reunion, I don't know if I can swing it. We have a family reunion :( but I will see what strings I can pull.
Raquel